THE PERFECT CAFETIERE (FRENCH PRESS) COFFEE
Is Cafetiere coffee the best?
The Cafetiere is one of the few brewing methods that keep the water around the grounds still. Also known as French Press Coffee. If you like your coffee full bodied then this brewing method will be best.
Many who evaluate coffee for a living claim the Cafetiere comes closest of all the methods to matching the cupping taste experience.
What’s the best coffee to use in a Cafetiere?
Try our Organic Bean
Coarse, coarser than filter coffee. Almost grit.
Cafetiere Coffee Ratio
The coffee to water ratio is 60g of coffee to 1 litre of water
How much coffee do you put in a Cafetiere?
1 x Cup or person = 12-15g per 200ml water
How much coffee do you put in a 6 cup Cafetiere?
6 Cup Cafetiere = 48g per 800ml water
How long it should steep:
How to brew Cafetiere coffee:
- Boil the kettle.
- Weigh and grind the coffee, coarser than filter, almost gritty due to the mesh of the Cafetiere.
- Preheat the french press and your mug with hot water.
- Put your freshly ground coffee in the french press and pour in 1/3 of your hot water and leave for approximately 30 seconds, allowing the coffee to bloom. Then add the remaining 2/3 of water and stir.
- Leave for a further 3 minutes
- Using a spoon, break the crust formed by the coffee and stir briefly.
- Place the plunger on top and wait for the coffee to settle. (10 seconds)
- Plunge away! If you have difficulty plunging lift up on the plunger briefly before replunging.
- Pour out your coffee into your mug and enjoy.